While the rest of Cebu was out competing for premium space to watch the grand parade, we opted to avoid the hordes of people and went the opposite direction. We went home to the province for the death anniversary of my maternal grandfather.
But we still had a bit of the Sinulog fiesta spirit since we had lechon, lambay, kapayas atchal, ninikad and gitolang isda for lunch while watching the parade coverage on tv. Having watched the parade for several years from a vantage point in the Abellana grandstand, I can see that so many of the contingents are doing the same thing over and over again. It was deja vu overload. Iba-iba lang ang costumes but the drama skits and the choreography are starting to get repetitive. Anyway, it was still enjoyable to watch, this time from the comfort of my Lola's house.
After lunch it was off to the cemetery which I rarely visit during non-Kalag-kalag days so it was a treat to have it nice and quiet and peaceful. I don't remember if I've mentioned it before but I like cemeteries. I don't know if I'm alone in this but I hope not. :D
After the cemetery visit, we decided to go to Simala to visit the Marian shrine again. I love going to the Marian shrine and I always try to squeeze in a visit anytime I'm in the province. I bought something to start off my tiny mobile altar. Then we went on home to be on time to attend the evening mass in the church near our house.
It was a different Sinulog experience but I don't regret not joining the parties out in the streets which I think are still ongoing at this hour. I've done my time na. Time to let the young 'uns take their turn. Hala, tiguwang na gyud ko. :D
Pit Senyor!
No comments:
Post a Comment