Thursday, January 03, 2008

Great News for the New Year

Ang galing talaga ng pasok ng 2008 sa akin. I just received great news from a classmate. He and his girlfriend are getting married in May this year in Yokohama. I've witnessed how Makoto and Ayumi have fallen in love during the course of our studies. At siempre being true-blue Pinays, nanghimantay ko together with my other Pinay classmate. We would be kilig at how they would hold hands and whisper in each other's ears. Them being both Japanese, it was so new to me to see mga Nihon-jin being sweet. :D

Makoto is one crazy guy with the dubious title of Pervert #1 in our class. But he's just so funny and swak na swak ang mga jokes. :D There is never a dull moment with him around. Ayumi is a Japanese who speaks with an American twang, having spent a year as an exchange student in Midwest USA when she was 15 years old. She's more reserved and ladylike, a perfect foil for the all-over-the-place-crazy Mak. :D

I can never forget the night we were discussing condoms (of all things) over dinner. Somebody mentioned that glow-in-the-dark condoms are sold in Japan and Mak heard it as grow-in-the-dark condoms. He excitedly asked us where its sold. :D He wanted one badly daw. :D

Sign pala ang pagkakita ko ng mga Yen. I was looking for something in my cabinet and I came across this plastic bag na puno ng Yen. Ang chaka ko talaga. Nakaplastic bag pa ang pera ko. :D I counted them and the grand total came up to Y11,603. It was mostly in coins and small denominations bills. So malabo na I can exchange it sa forex. I was actually looking for a way to exchange it for peso. But I guess I'll save it na lang para maka-attend sa wedding nila Mak and Ayu. Pero feeling ko lang ha, feeling ko lang talaga, na kukulangin ang Y11,603 ko para makapunta ng Yokohama, Japan. :D

I want to share this sweet announcement sent by Mak to our mailing list.

Hi, everyone!

Happy new year again!!

As everyone knows I had achieved one of my SMART goals which was to have a girlfriend,
and I had set another goal for the new year which was "to marry her";
and surprisingly it is going to be accomplished already again using Project Management skills!
We are engaged and will have a wedding party on Sunday, May 18, 2008 in Yokohama.

It will be our great pleasure if we could see you at the wedding.
It was all thanks to you that we can be together today, and we also thank to the wonderful
scenery in Hawaii and people there.

I believe one of the keys to accomplish one's goals is to "Focus!",
and all the skills were written on the "Getting to Ayumi's Yes".
We will let you know details on our wedding later.
May 2008 be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious year for you too!

Mahalo,
Makoto (directed by Ayumi)

Makoto and Ayumi

Congratulations Makoto and Ayumi!!! I am so happy for the both of you. I've witnessed how your love affair started and I will be honored to see both of you take the next step. I really hope I can attend your wedding.

No comments: