It's my first time to hear a mananaygon sing the Sinulog anthem. I was half expecting him to do the dance too. People are getting more and more creative when it comes to earning money. Now, its not just children making sabit sa jeepneys and carolling, I've seen teenagers and grown men do it too. Nakipag-kumpitensya pa tawn sa mga bata. It's a bit disconcerting to say the least.
I hope the year of the rat (hello Mickey and Minnie!) brings some sort of relief to the people most affected by the hard times. Even if the peso is gaining strength, only those of us planning vacations abroad seem to be happy about it. (US$200 for a package to Vietnam and HK?! That's less than Php10k!)
I think the Sinulog is a great way for us Cebuanos to start the year right. So let us offer our prayers to our beloved Sto. Nino for our hopes and dreams for the future even as we are excitedly anticipating the grand parade. Pit Senyor!
No comments:
Post a Comment