Friday, January 25, 2008

Cry Me a River

I've been crying almost non-stop this week. The fact that this is also PMS week might have contributed a little but mostly I've been crying about change. About leaving people behind. About missing things and places. About going out into the unknown and finding that I don't like it there.

I admit that I am very resistant to change. But once I adapt, ok na ako. Case in point, I was crying for two whole months during the time I started my first job. I was crying because I did not like it there. I was crying because people were leaving left and right and I did not understand why. I was crying because it was a change I hadn't adjusted to yet.

My mom was all ready to send me back to college to let me study civil engineering, the course she really wanted for me. If I wasn't so pasang awa in my drafting classes before I would have agreed. (My drawings and drafts were ugleeey. No construction firm would have hired me.) But the ending of the story was that I stayed for 11 years.

Now, I have to make another change again. And while I should be excited, I'm mostly sad at leaving all familiar things and people behind. My family especially. My dad and my mom most especially. I admit that I am still tied to the maternal apron strings. I'm so tied up, I look like a mummy.

Hay, ngano kinahanglan man ta mulayo to seek our fortune? Whatever happened to my simple dreams of living in a nice bungalow in a quiet suburb with my family? When did it start not being enough?

I am so afraid of this change. Of the unknown and what it will turn out to be. I don't know when I can adjust. If I can adjust. But I must adjust. I will adapt. Until then, I am going to cry me tears to fill a river and then some.

2 comments:

lizette said...

hay mads.. i too have the same simple dreams as you.. but i always have this different thing for change.. it gets me so excited that i can't wait to get off my feet. hehehehe :)

mao siguro galisod ko ug achieve sa ako dream :D

nweys.. good luck to your new change.. change is always good.. so, it's gonna be okay :)

does this mean i'd be seeing you around? ;)

Anonymous said...

thanks 'Zet. :)

yup, you'll be seeing me around. when i can finally afford to go out. :D