Sunday, March 04, 2012

How To Turn That Frown Upside-down

I was really put out this afternoon when I made the effort to dress up to go to the career fair and it turned out to be a total bust. The few companies that listed job openings weren't conducting interviews but were just taking resumes. It was practically the same thing as submitting online. Could have done just that and saved myself the hassle of going out of the house and everything that entailed.

But after a few minutes of stewing, I decided to make the best of it and try to find an upside to the day. First there was a luxury handbag sale down a lower level from the career fair. Better use of my time most certainly. I went in just a few minutes before it was about to close and took a quick gander on what was on offer. Wasn't really tempted. When you've seen how much these brands actually cost in the US, the prices here in Sg all seem like a rip-off. I nosed around a few items and quickly put them back when I saw the tags. I'm not paying those prices, no sirree.

We managed to catch an early sunset mass so that takes care of our spiritual obligations. Then I decided that I wanted grilled squid for dinner. So we made our to Gerry's grill on Somerset to have just that. Food took more than 30 mins by the way. Other than that, the service was impeccable and the food good. Not fantastic but it cured my craving. Too bad I wasn't able to take a picture. We had kare-kare (beef peanut sauce stew - tastes better than it sounds) and kilawin pusit (chopped grilled squid and swimming in vinegar, onions and red chili).

Though I had my fill of my craving for the day, I thought that the day needed more positive things to redeem it. So off we went to Lucky Plaza to buy some Pinoy staples. I got the Knorr pork cubes (the only thing I needed actually) and Chippy, Vcut and Mang Juan chicharon for added measure.

I still thought the day needed more saving and was angling for a 9:30 pm screening of The Lorax but he put his foot down and decided for both of us that we should be heading home already. I passed by the grocery store to get some eggplants for the eggplant omelet and inun-unan I was planning for Sunday lunch and what do you know, there were no eggplants to be found. They were all wiped out or as they like to say here, it is finished. Sounds so final. :D

We decided to take the scenic route and doubled our walk home by circling the block. Gentle exercise that would hopefully take a dent out of flabbiness. Now, it already 2 am and I should be sleeping. But the career fair gave us some back issues of magazines and I plan to read them till I fall asleep. Or maybe not.

I could use some shuteye right about now. Zzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: