Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Little Things that Make an OFW's Day

I went to the Philippine embassy a while ago. Which is like a major event for me because its in Orchard where Lucky Plaza (LP) is. The center of Pinoyness in Sg. If I make a trip to Orchard (which is not that often), I always make sure to visit LP. I stock up on the Pinoy classics (Chippy, Vcut and other chichirya) and other Pinoy goodies.

I went to my usual suki for turon and was pleasantly surprised to find palitaw there. It was 3 for $1 and I bought a dollar's worth since I wasn't sure it tasted good. I got burned buying a lot of my favorite biko only to find out upon getting home that it tasted hella-awful.

I tried my usual source for spanish bread but they either stopped selling them or they ran out that day. I should have asked. I wanted to buy a lot more but these are frugal days so I kept a stern watch on my spending.

We got invited to a birthday dinner at Gerry's Grill this Friday so that's something to look forward to. I sneaked in a trip to Takashimaya to buy the birthday girl a gift. I felt like I won something when I was able to find a nice gift that was reasonably priced. I had a $10 gift voucher with me and only had to shell out a few more dollars to pay for the gift. (Hope the birthday girl is not reading this) :D

Ended the day by returning a bunch of books to the library and borrowing a few more.


Random Observations:
May brownout din pala sa Sg. :D Long story and maybe I will tell it in another post. 

No comments: