Wednesday, March 21, 2012

So Much for Hooky Day

I had such high hopes for today. It was my long-awaited rest day from the office. And I just spent most of it doing nothing. My day can be described in three words. Sleep.Read.Eat. Well, I did a little sweeping on the side and I managed to get all the dirty laundry washed but there was supposed to be a long list of to-dos for today.

A list that included choosing pics to send back to the wedding photographers, doing my toenails before I get an ingrown, choosing pics to take advantage of the free print coupons we had. Of course I could always choose the wedding pics to print. And I was supposed to print the necessary docs for my embassy visit next week. And yeah, I was supposed to start packing too. We have several rooms to pack, I really should get started.
And I really should also have made some time to see the eye doctor. My eyes are bothering, really bothering me and I don't think I can put off a visit for much longer .

But today served its purpose in that I was able to take a break from the office. Of course, it did not help that I received several texts from my teammate today. Why do they have to do that? They practically ruined my day. It was a blessing that I read it quite late and did have to steam about it so much.

Oh well, whatever this day lacked or failed to get done,  I still have another rest day Tuesday next week. Of course, I wouldn't have the entire day for myself. Maybe half a day because I have to make my way to our embassy but its all good. I get to go to Orchard and maybe I'll get to see Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.

Cross fingers.

No comments: