It's two weeks into Lent now and I am not sure what I am giving up. Sure, I avoid meat on Fridays but I feel the need to do more. Or less. I've always subscribed to the thinking that compassion is preferable than sacrifice when it comes to showing love for our Savior but I don't know who I can show compassion to here.
Okay, I know who but I really don't want to be compassionate to them. Sue me.
Why is this so hard?!
It was easier in the Philippines. There were so many unfortunate souls around, you never run out of good things to do. Things that actually make a difference in someone's day. Especially when it meant having a meal or totally going without.
I've been on this topic before I know. If I have the will and energy to search through my archives, I'm sure that I'll find something related to this topic.
Anyway, I really want to do something good or give up something substantial for Lent. But my life is already as spare and as bare as can be. I've cut down on a lot of things already. Shopping. Going out. Having a life basically.
Okay, I know what to give up now. Late night snacking! It's going to take enough effort and self-discipline on my part to make it a worthy sacrifice and it will only do me and my future abs good. But I still want to do
something for someone or some people.
What can I do to be a blessing to others? To be a vessel and manifestation of God's love? I guess I'll have to sleep on the answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment