The contract on our apartment expires at the end of next month so we have to find a apartment posthaste. We have been looking at several possible flats already and some we feel ready to move into if not for the price.
You know its cheaper to eat here in Sg. You could have a nice filling lunch for less than $3 (about 90 pesos) which you cannot say the same in Pinas unless you eat at those dodgy places that almost guarantees you a disease together with your meal.
But the rental prices will leave you goggle-eyed. Almost everywhere we are quoted $2000 for a 2 bedroom flat. That's 60,000 pesos right there. Which do not include utilities (gas, water and electricity). Not to mention the cable and internet bill. We would be spending more than twice what we normally spend on accommodations now. A sobering thought to be sure.
I have starting insisting on $1.8K for rental now. That's all we can afford and that's all we can pay. I hope that what it pays for we actually would be happy with. I certainly certainly hope so.
No comments:
Post a Comment