No, not that kind of culture. The culture talk I had was about the way of life of the Lingkod members. And the first and foremost thing I learned was about how the women should let the men lead and support them in their leadership. All the positions in the Lingkod heirarchy are filled with men. Only the women's moderator position is held by a woman.
Now, if I was given this kind of dialogue a few years ago, it would have made my hackles rise. I would then bare my teeth and enter into another battle of the sexes encounter.
But maybe age has mellowed me or I have learned a thing or two from my past relationships. It's no longer as offensive-sounding to me as before. I even see the logic and basis for it now. It doesn't mean that women are inferior, it just means that we have our roles to play. Deferring doesn't necessarily mean being subservient.
The culture talks encouraged the men to also serve the women by opening doors, offering to carry packages and generally just doing the heavy jobs. The basics of being a gentleman. Women on the other hand are encouraged to serve the men by cooking and looking after them. I know, sounds so 50's. In this age of unisexuality, this seems so ancient. And I thought the very same thing just a while back.
But I don't know what's happened to me. I am starting to think its a good idea. Baka the impossible has happened and bumabait na ako. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment