Before the private cemetery opened right next to the municipal one, my ancestor's graves were scattered all over the municipal cemetery due to lack of space. Kung asa pa pwede ilubong, adto. But then a company opened a private cemetery in our town and we wasted no time in transferring our dead to a proper burial vault. I would have wanted a mausoleum with a roof and all but the zoning of our plot prohibited that. Mura sad ug subdivision, naa mga building requirements.
the more organized private cemetery
Now, we save time because we don't have to hunt all over the cemetery trying to remember the graves of our dead. We only visit two places now. My father's side of the family and my mother's side. My mom says na I have a space na daw sa plot namo. Now I have somewhere to live when I'm dead. But not when I'm still alive because I have no house to call my own just yet. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment