I first heard of Spaghetti Factory from someone's blog. I decided to try it out the next time I was at Ayala Center. Upon entering, the interiors reminded me right away of Dessert Factory. Same owner kaya? I have no idea. But it had the same banquette-type seating with a few individual chairs and tables. It pictures boards of the different kinds pasta on the wall. They also included what each type pasta was good for. It was pretty small though and was where half of Rai-rai used to be.They made ordering easier (or choosing harder depends on how you look at it) because their food groups had a common price point. E.g. all pastas were P159.00, all desserts were P89.00
I ordered their house specialty and as proclaimed in their menu, their No. 1, the Red Sea Food. It was pretty much just seafood in tomato sauce. They ask you what kind of pasta you want with it and I chose fettuccine. I asked though that my seafood pasta be made spicy. They told me that they would just give me some chili powder to sprinkle over my food as it was the same one they use for cooking. Fair enough. I also ordered a mango crepe missing the crepes I used to have at East-West in The Village.
Service was prompt and in around 10 minutes I was served my pasta with a slice of focaccia bread. Focaccia bread or at least their focaccia bread seems to remind me of Argao torta. :D They grate the parmesan cheese right in front of you and after the cheese, they use this really long pepper mill to put freshly ground black pepper on my dish. It was as tall as me I think. I would have to stand on a chair if I have to use it over someone's plate.
I sprinkled some of the chili powder over my pasta and apparently I overdid it kay nihapdos ako lips after some forkfuls. The pasta was ok. Not too bad, but not memorable either. But I liked it because it was spicy. Spice girl ako eh. :D The servings were strictly for one person only. It might not satisfy someone with a bigger appetite. That was why I quickly asked for my crepe to be served. Kay dali kaayo ko nahuman kaon.
When the crepe arrived I was really surprised. It was nothing like any crepe I've had before. First off the roll was as big as my arm and full of ice cream inside. Mango ice cream. I was used to just a scoop of ice cream on top of a crepe with the filling inside. They did it the other way around. The ice cream was inside (about 3 scoops worth) with the mango slices on top and around. It had a few whipped cream rosettes on top and a fair amount of multicolored candy sprinkles. Wa ko ganahi. First off, I am not too fond of ice cream. I can go for months without craving for ice cream and to be confronted with that much ice cream in one sitting is not exactly lingaw for me. Buti na lang the mango slices were sweet.
I managed to finish most of the crepe though. Even I was surprised. And I was surprised once more when I got the bill. They tacked on an 8% service fee. For a not so fancy place, I think 8% is too much. But well, I have nothing bad to say about the service so ok lang I guess.
I would go back again to sample the other pasta dishes if someone would treat me. :D
ps.
first 2 pics were taken from the spaghetti factory website

No comments:
Post a Comment