The US economy is not really in the best of health as of the moment. Some say its because of the war spending, some say its due to the subprime mortgage crisis, some say because of a huge trade deficit. Things which I can barely understand. All I know is that my dollar investments are losing value by the minute. And I am confused on how to rescue it. Hayaan ko na lang ba? Do I sit the devalued dollar out and just wait for it to climb back again? What if it never does? What if mas lalo ako malugi?
I have half a mind to tell my sister to get out of the US and go to a country which uses the Euro because there are speculations that the Euro might be the global currency of choice in the future, replacing the US dollar. Several countries are disposing of their dollar assets and transferring it to a stronger currency. And some companies will no longer accept US dollars as payments preferring to be paid in Euros instead. I want to change my dollar investments into Euros too but that will entail a huge loss on my part.
Hay, all this financial stuff is making my head spin. Sa Bisaya pa, nakutaw ako utok.
No comments:
Post a Comment