Like many people, I don't like durian. The smell always puts me off. I've eaten durian once or twice, and although the taste isn't so bad, I can't say the same for the texture. It makes me want to spit it out right away. I also don't eat anything durian-derived. Like durian candy or durian tart or durian ice cream. Basically durian anything.
But my mom brought these amazing pastries from her latest Davao trip. And I have to admit that I am on the verge of changing my mind about this smelly fruit. Well, at least about things made from durian. The hopia was surprisingly good. It was very delicious. So good that I finished a pack by myself in one hour. ;D
And the sponge rolls were something else. It was the right mix of airy and fluffy with a yummy filling in the middle of the roll. I forgot what it was I disliked about eating durian in the first place. Sayang hurot na sila. I'm having an intense craving for these delicious treats all of a sudden.
No comments:
Post a Comment