I'm thankful that my lola is out of the hospital already. She was already discharged by another hospital but when we forwarded her lab results to our pulmonary specialist doctor, he ordered her admitted to the ICU right away. It was a good thing that when Dr. E saw her, he said that its okay for her not to be admitted to the ICU. Ano ba naman yung dating doctor nya. She knew that lola had fluid in her lungs and yet she told us to just wait at home and come back after a week. Buti na lang we have Dr. E who I definitely have more trust in.
My lola had to be fed her vitamins, food and medicines intravenously. And she was on oxygen the whole week in the hospital. But when she was discharged kanina she gained some weight which she definitely needed. We already spent more than a hundred thousand pesos for her hospital bills and medicines. Buti na lang may pambayad naman. Thank God.
Ang mahal talaga magkasakit. Its only now that I know that a single CT scan will cost as much as P17,000++. And her antibiotics cost more than P1,000++ for a single dose. And she needs 3 doses a day. We spent P18,000++ for that alone.
Although I could focus on the unfortunate incident of my lola being hospitalized, I choose to focus more on than the hidden blessings behind it. Now, my lola seems healthier than before she was hospitalized. We know na what to expect since she had a complete check up and all sorts of tests done so if there is a hidden complication before, we know how to deal with it now. We gained more knowledge on how to care for a geriatric person. And the most important thing. She's now ok and back home, safe and sound with all her needed medicines and things which God provided for. For that I am so thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment